The first step to remove Drive Encryption is to Authenticate. There two ways to authenticate in EETech/DETech, via File or Token. By file, you must export from ePO the .xml file for that particular system. By token, you must provide user and password of a user that has successfully login to the system.
Requirements before we start:
Have a bootable CD with the EETech/DETech tool.
Export the .xml file for the system that you will be working on.
To authenticate by “File” follow the next steps:
- Boot to a bootable CD with the EETech/DETech tool. On the first screen click on the button “Enable USB”, this would allow us to use the .xml file that was exported to a USB.
- You would be prompt that USB has been enable, click “OK“.
- Next your are going to click on “File“.
- On the next windows select the USB device, for this example my USB device is on “D:”. Then select the xml file that was exported. For this example mine is “Win7ES-01.xml“, then clock “OK“.
- If you authenticated correctly, the Authentication status will display “Authenticated with File“.
To authenticate with “Token” follow the next steps:
- Once you have bootupt to the EETech/DETech tool. On the first screen click on the “Token“.
- Next you will need to provide “User” name, of a user that has sucsefully login, then click “Next“.
- On the next screen enter the password for the user and click “Start”,
- If you suscefully autheticate with Token, the status shoud change to “Autheicated with Token“.
This conclude the authentication process with the EETech/DETech tool.